Purchase of School Equipment
Our company specialises in the acquisition of surplus tools, machinery and apparatus from all educational establishments.
This often occurs when the school/college/institution:
- has decided to end the teaching of DT as a subject and is looking to sell or dispose of the equipment.
- is looking to clear the existing department for modernisation, often when moving to a new build.
- is looking to increase their departmental budget by raising funds from unused equipment and machinery.
How does it work?
We buy all equipment, from individual items to full workshops. In most cases, one of our expert valuers will come to the establishment and take an inventory of every item you are looking to sell. We can also do this over the phone or via email with attached photos. We then price all the items based on various factors (condition, make, location, accessories) and send over a quote. All quotes are valid for 60 days.
Once the price has been accepted by the relevant parties at the institution, we will arrange a date to come and collect the items. Often this is within the school holidays, but can just as easily be done during term time. All our staff are fully DBS-checked and so conform to all safeguarding requirements.
Why can Ostia Tools give you the best price?
At Ostia Tools, we believe we can give you the best price for your equipment.
We operate a lean and efficient way of working that keeps our overheads low. We also have a large network of clients and contacts, meaning many items already have a home before we collect them, ensuring our overheads are kept to a minimum.
Our knowledge of tools, along with a stock of spare parts, allows us to buy items that are broken or are missing components.
Why choose Ostia Tools?
Ostia Tools has a proven track record for offering the best price for equipment, and the ability and knowledge to safely disconnect and remove all manner of machinery and appliances from schools and colleges.
Ostia Tools is a registered business and is fully insured for up to £5 million Public Liability, and all our staff are fully DBS (CRB) checked.
Ostia Tools takes responsibility for the items from when they are purchased, relieving the institution of any liability relating to the tools and machines.
Ostia Tools would not recommend that institutions sell directly to individuals for the following reasons:
- If the institution sells a machine to an individual, the institution will be liable for any injury that may be caused if the buyer has an accident whilst on site.
- Individuals coming to pick up machinery may not have the correct lifting apparatus or knowledge of how to safely remove items.
- Institutions will be liable for returns, when sold to an individual, if the item is not working. (Consumer Rights Act 2015).
- If the machine is not suitable for use on purchase, the institution could be liable for any injury caused.
We understand that each school is different, and we can tailor our service to your needs.
You can get in touch with us on 07958521040 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.